June 22, 2009

More than Lip Service: Pretty in Pink

It's hot out, especially in Charlotte, where I currently live. Not just hot...I mean blistering 100 degrees. The humidity and heat wave is quite an issue if you're heading out to dinner and trying to look like a lovely, fresh daisy. So...instead making my makeup work overtime, I just focus my efforts on one feature. Lips!

Eye makeup can slide off in intense humidity and bronzer can look muddy when the mercury is rising. With all of the great new summer colors hitting the shelves, I am really liking bright pink/fuchsia lips. By sporting bright lips, you can certainly take it easy on your eyes and face. I enjoy a quick swipe of black, liquid eyeliner, a bit of mascara and a neutral flush.

Rachel McAdams sports the fresh, bright pink lip trend with her look below. This month's edition of InStyle magazine mentions that Rachel's lipcolor is a combo of two lippies: MAC's Impassioned and NARS' Roman Holiday.

Photo courtesy of Wenn

I did a bit of drugstore detective work and I found a really nice alternative with Revlon's Creme Gloss in Fiercely Fuchsia. The creme gloss has a nice consistency and decent wear time. It's a bit cooler than Rachel's lip, but it's very pretty as a punch of color with a neutral canvas!

Happy Monday!

No comments: