February 1, 2010

Product Review: Garnier Nutrisse Wonder Waves Wave-Enhancing Spray, B

Hi everyone!

Hope you all had a great weekend! Up for review today is Garnier Nutrisse's Wonder Waves Spray. This spray is supposed to...

"...enhance and shapes your natural waves, creating a soft, tousled look. Lightweight formula provides smooth definition, shine and frizz control. Can be used anytime, anywhere to revive the shape of your waves."

I gave it a try last week with my newly shorn locks. FYI - I cut off 5 inches of hair on Friday evening...so I'm trying out different styling techniques and products. So, here's the skinny...

The Good: For $3.99, this wave spray pretty much does what it claims. It helps to create tousled waves and adds body to your hair. I can't speak for those who have pin straight hair, but it definitely did the job on my wavy locks. It also adds body, smells great and lasts for hours.

The Bad: No one likes a crunchy head - especially me. While I really dig the results, I did experience a few "crunchy curls" around my head. The reduce the tad bit of crunchiness, I recommend spraying the product into your hands and distributing throughout your hair, rather than haphazardly spraying around your head.

The Verdict:  Overall, this product gets a B for me. While it just about lives up to its claims, I still get a teeny bit of "crunch" from the spray. If you really want to get that wavy look, give this product a try in conjunction with a diffuser attachment on your blow dryer. While I'll continue to use this spray, I am always on the lookout for a great, affordable wave spray!

Any affordable wave sprays you recommend?

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I am trying to get RID of my waves :-)
ha ha ha. But I had to chime in on the Garnier Nutrisse line. I purchased their Body Boost Root Booster. LOVE it. And under $5, too. It works so well that I only use it when straightening my hair bc if I use it when I let my hair airdry curly, it's out of control. I'm usually a salon brand junkie, but Garnier is making me think twice!