August 2, 2010

Clothing Review: Sanctuary "Peace" Skinny Cargos

Hi all! Happy Monday! Instead of my typical product review, I wanted to toss up a new clothing review of an item I aquired at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!


Sanctuary "Peace" Skinny Cargos retail for $118 I grabbed them at the Nordstrom Anniversary sale for $78.

Deets from the Nordies website:

A coordinating belt wraps the waist of subtly distressed, stretch-twill cargo pants updated with a modern, skinny-leg silhouette. Zip fly with double-button closure.

Button-detailed front pockets; welt coin pocket; hidden snap-flap cargo pockets; back button-flap pockets.

Approx. inseam: 31".

Cotton/spandex; machine wash.

By Sanctuary; imported.

t.b.d.

My review...

The Good: Super flattering, really comfortable and well made! I went with onyx color as it will go with so many options in my closet. A great, versatile and trendy piece for fall and winter.

The Bad: Sizing can be a bit off as these run 1/2 - 1 size large. Normally I'm a 26/27 in most jeans and I took a 26 in these with a bit of room. And while $78 ($118 now) isn't horrible for a well made pair of pants, these cargos are a super trendy item. Oh and just toss the belt, it's fug.

The Verdict: A- for me, the only reason I threw the minus up there is because of the cost per wear (trendy item). I never thought skinny cargos would look flattering on me, but these absolutely do!