August 3, 2011

Fall Fashion Preview: Trend #1: Mod

Even though I know many of you across the country are positively melting, fall is on the horizon. Yes, fall fashion trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrends are comin'...whether mother nature is listening or not.

Trend #1 is a throwback to '70s mod. Shift dresses, wide trousers and brights! While shift dresses can hide a myriad of insecurities, I also dig the cool fabrics, patterns and overall gusto that comes along with these little dresses. On the runways, shift were paired with everything from bare legs to bright tights to skinny jeans, boots and turtlenecks. Yes, turtlenecks.

I'm a fan of shift dresses but always make sure that it's short enough on me. Sounds obvious, but a long shift on a vertically challenged lady looks all sorts of wrong. I'd even be game pairing said shift with opaque tights, a long sleeve tee and heels come fall.

What say you - are you shifting your mindset to fall fashion?