February 21, 2011

Product Review: Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer, B+

Happy President's (or is it Presidents'?) Day to all! I'm actually attempting to *truly* take the day off of work. Hope you're all enjoying a lovely Monday.

Up for product review today is Smashbox's Photo Finish Lid Primer. This .08 oz. little baby retails for $20 at Sephora and Ulta.

Smashbox at ShopStyle

Details from Sephora:

What it is:
An ultra-luxurious lid primer.

What it does:
Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer creates the perfect canvas for eyeshadow application. Wear this universal shade under shadow to increase longevity, or create the perfect nude eye by applying over the lid for an even tone.

What Else You Need To Know:
The exclusive formula contains Phytomoist, a plant-based hyaluronic acid for ultimate moisturization and amino acids for skin-smoothing benefits. Soft focus pearls help diminish the appearance of fine lines on the lids while the patented Qusome® delivery system ensures all ingredients penetrate the skin to deliver effective results.

My review:

The Good: The product definitely lives up to its longevity promises. I had zero creases, slippage etc. Plus, the formula is quite silky and blends very easily.

The Bad: The price is a bit high, IMO. It seems as if I have to use a bit more product vs. MAC paints (.23 oz. for $16.50).

The Verdict: It's a nice product, especially when you can score it in a value package like Sephora is offering here, right now. And I love their face primer. So, will I rebuy? Not sure, especially when I compare it to other products that I love.