August 9, 2011

Product Review: Stila Natural Eye Shadow Palette, A

Happy Tuesday to all!

It's been a little while since I posted a product review and I just have to positively rave about the new Stila Natural Eye Palette. I've heard pretty good things about this pretty little palette, so during my last trip to Sephora I went ahead and plunked down the $39 plus tax for this beauty.

You see, Stila makes some of my most favorite eye shadows and I see they're moving back towards "old school Stila" with well made, thoughtful palettes of all kinds. 

Stila at ShopStyle

Details from Sephora:
Natural Eye Shadow Palette ($118 Value)

What it is: A beautiful palette consisting of 10 natural Eye Shadow shades (including the best-selling shade Kitten) and a limited-edition Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner.

What it does: The new Natural Eye Shadow Palette is a beautiful collection of Stila's award-winning Eye Shadows in wearable, neutral shades for every skintone that can be worn wet or dry. The palette also includes an exclusive Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Damsel, a matte chocolate brown, and an eight-page lookbook with detailed how-to tips and tricks.

This set contains:
- 10 x 0.49 oz Eye Shadows in Bare (matte ivory), Kitten (shimmering nude pink), Bliss (matte nude), Sunset (copper shimmer), Sandstone (matte neutral brown), Champagne (pale gold shimmer), Gilded Gold (bronze with gold shimmer), Luster (deep gray with gold shimmer), Night Sky (slate blue with silver shimmer), Ebony (matte black)
- 0.01 oz Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Damsel (matte chocolate brown)

My Review:

The Good: I am so impressed with this palette. Sometimes awesome makeup companies put together palettes like this and skimp on the quality. I did not find that with the Natural Eye Shadow palette. Each shadow wears beautifully and is totally blendable. I honestly think any skin tone would do well with this palette. Plus, there's a sweet little how-to book included.

The Bad: Normally I'd whine about the $39 pricetag, but in this instance it's worth it because the shadows (and pretty smudgestick) are of great quality so you truly don't have to pile on the product to achieve the desired effect. I would, however, have loved an included mirror and/or brush in the palette...but that may have pushed up the price tag.

The Review: A all the way. If you like Stila shadow, want to try some beautiful neutrals, like to experiment with colors that are soft and easy and like palettes, you'll love it. I do.