August 20, 2011

Product Reviews: Short Hair Edition

Since it's been three or so weeks since I went for the big cut, I've been experimenting with a bunch of different products. As with most ladies' hair, mine usually looks better on day two vs. freshly washed.

Here's a quick & snappy list of what I've been diggin' on my locks!

1. Frederick Fekkhai Nonchalant Piecing and Forming Wax: $24 for 1.7 oz.
  • After my hair is dry I'll typically grab a tiny bit of wax, warm it up in my palms and massage it through the ends of my hair. This works especially well when I add a bit of "scrunch" at the ends of my tresses.
  • Expensive? Yes. But you really don't need to use much product and the scent and finish are fantastic. Soft, pliable yet structured.
Frederic Fekkai at ShopStyle

2. Suave Touchable Finish Hairspray: $2.74 for 9.4 oz.
  • Less than $3 and perfect for a quick, light hold
  • Even though I love Bumble & Bumble de mode, saving $17-$20 per bottle is most certainly worth a try
undefined

3. Kevin Murphy Hair Resort: $22 -$32 for 5.1 oz.
  • Some lovely friends at Shine Salon gave me a sample of this incredible gel-like product.
  • Smells delicious and leaves incredible texture, shine and a great curl.











4. Garnier Fructis Glossing Spray: $3.34 for 3 oz.
  • For the occasions I do straighten my hair, sometimes I'll use a bit of the Fekkhai wax and other times I'll just add a touch of this product for softness and shine.
  • Instead of spraying directly on your hair, spray a very small amount on your hands so you can control the distribution. 
Garnier at ShopStyle

That's what I've been using as of late...any great hair products that we must know about?!