December 6, 2011

Currently Craving: Jewelry That Rocks

When I hear words like labradorite, chrysoprase, pyrite, topaz and drusy my heart skips a beat. These gems rock...especially in jewelry. As of late I've been completely crushing on the natural stones - in earrings, pendants, bracelets...you name it.

And thankfully (or not so much according to hubs), I've spotted more than a fair share of these gorgeous gems in Charlotte. I've found a lovely display of Coralia Leets at City Art Works - incredible necklaces and vermeil earrings, like this one - a pale Peruvian opal.

Photo via City Art Works
And one of my faves, Laura James Jewelry also has an array of rockin' baubles ranging from subtle pyrite studs to this ah-mazing chrysoprase vintage chain necklace. Hey Santa - I wouldn't mind this bauble for Christmas. Just sayin'...

Photo via Laura James Jewelry

Do you like to rock out with your gems? 

Here's a set to satisfy those sparkly ambitions...