December 20, 2011

Product Review: Olie Biologique Huile Moderne, B

Put oil on your face. Yes. For serious. But not just any oil, my friends, a delicate made-just-for-yo-face oil that feels oh so lovely during the dryer winter months.

I was a bit weary when I read up on this little vial of Olie Biologique Huile Moderne in this month's Birchbox. It's pricey at $56 for an ounce (ouch) but it can be used on your face, skin, hair and even cuticles. Holla back!
Details via Birchbox:

Birchbox Breakdown:
If we had to pare our fancy skincare products down to a single product, this eco-savvy face and body oil would be a smart pick. Formulated with five 100 percent USDA-certified organic oils and vitamin E, the light but nourishing formula works on dry and oily skin alike. A couple drops smoothes over fine lines and protects against environmental damage.

How it Works:
No artificial ingredients to decode here: this richly scented organic oil blend is free of preservatives and chemical fillers. Argan oil hydrates skin, rosehip oil promotes collagen production, and bergamot oil clears up concerns like acne and redness. Neroli and frankincense oils fade scars and promote healthy, smooth skin. Finally, an infusion of antioxidant-rich vitamin E fights free radicals for anti-aging effects.

My Review:

The Good: This oil was positively lapped up by my dry winter skin! My face felt soft and moisturized and not even remotely close to the oil slick I thought it would be. Plus, it hosts a light woodsy scent that makes me smile. I even used this during the day and it created a great base for my foundation.

The Bad: Again, $56 for an just over an ounce. Holy bejeezus. While it's amazing that this product is beautiful and multi-use, that's a pretty penny.

The Verdict:
B from me. Even if this product was $10 less, I would feel more inclined to pony up the dough and splurge. If you ever get a chance to give it a go - do so!