May 17, 2011

Product Review: Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel, B-

Happy Tuesday, folks! Product review time...shall we?

Per my April Birchbox, I had the pleasure of trying out Juice Beauty's Green Apple Peel. Now, I love face products and my skin is pretty tolerant of many a masque and moisturizer so I happy applied this peel and gave it a go.

Details from Birchbox (and Juice Beauty):

We know, we know, we should use more organic and natural skincare. But sometimes healthy products don’t feel very effective. Not so with this Green Apple Peel, which smells like apples, looks like apple butter, and manages to truly even out skin. After just one use, you'll have completely flake-free skin — plus we love the zesty tingle. Major bonus: the antioxidant-rich formula has been shown to reduce skin cell damage.

How To Use: Apply a thin layer to clean face and neck once a week. It will tingle a little bit at first. Leave for 8-10 minutes for sensitive skin; up to 15 minutes for more resistant skin types. Rinse thoroughly and follow with toner or serum.

How It Works: A hydroxy acid complex composed of apple, lemon, grape juices, raw cane sugar, and white willow bark exfoliates skin for a smooth surface. Antioxidants, including vitamin C, protect skin from environmental damage.

Price: $45 for 2 oz. 

My review:

The Good: The smell is subtle and lovely! You only have to leave the peel on for 10 minutes and wash it right off. The product did tingle a bit and I saw a moderate "glow" after washing off the peel. And hey, it has loads of good-for-you ingredients packed in!

The Bad: For the retail price, the afterglow and effects aren't substantial enough to justify to price. $45 for 2 oz. is steep, y'all. Not that I expect to wash off the peel and look like Marisa Miller, but I do expect my skin to look and feel much better.

The Verdict: B- from me. It's a nice peel, but I wasn't in love with it - especially not with the higher price point.