May 23, 2011

Recent Aquisitions: It's My Birthday Month, Yo

As mentioned last week...my birthday is coming up. If you're sick of hearing about my birthday, or May birthdays or Geminis...my apologies. In the past few weeks I've made a few purchases that are worth sharing with y'all...

Foam Roller
Yes. Due to intense amounts of CrossFit, a foam roller has turned into a necessity. Roll out those sore hammies, that achy back, those tight calves, whatever. It's pretty amazing for all of you who hit the gym or have sore muscles!

















BB Dakota Azure Dress
It's killing me that I can't find a photo of this dress online because it's so damn cute. I paid about $75 at a local Charlotte boutique, Boris & Natasha, and have never gotten so many compliments on the color of a dress. Such a pretty bright blue! Here's a fairly crappy picture of the bodice...


Consignment shopping: DVF scores
There must be a few women in Charlotte tire of their Diane Von Furstenberg dresses faster than I tire of drama on the CW. However, their castaways are my gain and I've scored two DVF dresses in the past two months (from Monarch and J.T. Posh, if you're ever in Charlotte!). One is an adorable silk blend cowl neck and the other a classic short sleeved wrap dress. While I'm sure they aren't from this season (or even last season), they still fit beautifully and the cut is classic. What did we learn today? Check your consignment shops, ladies.

DVF Lush Flip Flops
Speaking of consignment shopping, I picked up these brand new DVF Lush rubber flip flops from J.T. Posh, too! While the flips were $32, I had a credit from some goods I had sold here so they were, essentially, free! Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

BTW - these run a teeny bit small, normally I wear a 7.5-8 and the 8 fits just fine albeit more like a 7.5. 

Diane von Furstenberg at ShopStyle

What about you? Any recent acquisitions?