October 11, 2011

Product Review: TanTowel, B

Wam, tan, thank you ma'am! Yes, I needed some tan a few weeks back and being that I'm not into skin cancer, I was looking for a quick, easy way to gain some color. As I was perusing the aisles at Ulta, I saw the TanTowel. For $5 I acquired a one body-wipe esque application to achieve me some color I so needed!

TanTowel at ShopStyle

About TanTowel:

No-sun tanning is as easy as ever with Self-Tan Full Body Application 5 Towelettes Classic for Fair to Medium Skin Tones by TanTowel Look Good Naked. Easy-to-use, large, 9-in. by 12 in. towelettes feature concentrated self-tan formula for even, all-over application with no streaking. Within 2 to 4 hours, skin has a radiant, natural-looking glow. Skin tone gets deeper with continued applications.

My review:

The Good: The towel is large, smells decent (citrusy) and definitely covered my entire body. I didn't have any streaks when the tan came through a few hours later. I went with the fair skin application and I had a light golden shade within 3 or 4 hours that remained for another day or two.

The Bad: As with many self-tanning products, I need experience that chemical-esque scent later in the day. If you've ever applied self-tanner, you know exactly what I mean. Plus, $5 per application can really add up.

The Verdict: B from me. The product is solid and lives up to its promises. If you need a quick faux tan without the mess of gels, lotions or sprays, this will do the trick.