November 7, 2011

Product Review: June Jacobs Papaya Purifying Enzyme Masque, C+

Birchbox has been pretty keen on getting me hooked on face masks. Yes indeed, over the past few months I've sampled three very different face treatments – all of which I'll review in the coming weeks! With the dryer, cooler weather coming in, I'm sure we could all use a face treatment or two!

This week, we're chatting about June Jacobs Papaya Purifying Enzyme Mask: $62 for 3.7 oz.

June Jacobs at ShopStyle

Details from Birchbox:
For instant complexion gratification, nothing beats an enzyme-based mask. This enzyme-based version quickly revitalizes skin, dissolving dead cells and brightening your overall complexion. It doesn’t hurt that the natural ingredients smell heavenly, and work without irritating skin.

Papaya fruit enzyme, mango and pineapple extracts dissolve dead skin for clearer pores. Sweet almond and borage seed oils hydrate while antioxidants from white, red, and green tea, goji berry, pomegranate, and grape seed extracts protect skin and prevent wrinkles.

My review:
The Good: Oh wow does this masque smell incredible. Like truly drool worthy. After I came to from the amazing scent, I found this masque easy to apply and left my skin nice and soft. I saw a bit of brightening, but not too much overall.

The Bad: Holy hell, $62 for less than 4 ounces? It's a nice masque but it's not washing my car or transforming me into a super model. Plus, considering the consistency of the masque, the phrase "a little goes a long way" doesn't quite work in this case.

The Verdict: C+. It's a very nice face treat. It smells like a treat and I bet your skin will feel supple afterwards. If you can stomach the price, it may be worth a try.