July 25, 2012

Product Review: Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer, B+

When your skin leads a revolt against you - due to weather, hormones, age - you're left with little choice. I'm a big believer in tried and true skincare regimens and keeping your epidermis healthy and all, but sometimes that's just not going to cut it. Thus the need for concealer.

A few months back I trotted over to Sephora to pick up Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer to camouflage a few not-so-discreet visitors on my face. The $32 price tag (for .5 ounces) can certainly cause some sticker shock, but yo, I needed some serious reinforcements. I tested out a few different shades (definitely test out the shades before you pull the trigger), plucked #6 from the shelf, paid and went on my merry way.


About MUFE Full Cover Concealer via Sephora:

What it is:
An ultra long-lasting, matte finish, oil-free, waterproof, full coverage concealer.

What it is formulated to do:
Designed to cover major imperfections like scars, hyperpigmentation, major discoloration, burns, and tattoos. This light and creamy concealer contains a high concentration of pigments that stay put, making it perfect for use on the face, as well as the body.

Clinical Testing/Results:
Clinically tested on sensitive skin and dermatologically controlled for gentleness. Sephora is the exclusive beauty retailer for this product.

My Review:

The Good: It's thick but buildable and does a really nice job of hiding imperfections and blemishes. I highly recommend using a concealer brush or your ring finger to gently tap it into the problem area and build upon it with one more light layer for extra coverage. Don't fret - it doesn't cake up on you. It also comes in a variety of shades for almost any skin tone.

The Bad: $32 is a helluva lot for concealer. And while it does last through most of the day, I'm not sure how it would hold up over hyperpigmented areas or tattoos.

The Verdict: B+. It has been my (facial) saving grace as of late. The consistency is nice, the coverage is adequate and it's definitely what I needed.