August 14, 2012

Product Review: Revlon PhotoReady 3D Mascara, B-

Ah the search for the holy grail, affordable mascara continues. Today's product review highlights Revlon's newish PhotoReady 3D Volume Mascara. Expect to pay between $6.50-$9 for a .34 oz tube.


About Revlon PhotoReady 3D Mascara: 
 Get glamorous, big volume lashes from every angle Lashes look 100% more magnified, multiplied, amplified* *with two coats.

My Review:
The Good: This is an anti-clumping mascara. Truly, I never get clumps when I use it. Each coat goes on thin and smooth and dries pretty quickly. I've also seen minimal smudging/mascara bleeding throughout the day, even in super hot conditions.

The Bad: It wears like a minimal mascara. As in, I didn't see too much volume...at all. Expect a pretty, natural look unless you have uber long lashes already. There isn't much of a "wow" factor with this mascara. 

The Verdict: B- from me. It's a decent drugstore mascara with a great brush that really separates your lashes. However, the formula itself isn't anything to write home about. As for the volume? It's a bit lacking overall.