October 9, 2012

Product Review: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain, A-

Another day, another lip product. As I've mentioned before, I often hoard lip products in my purse. Just ask anyone who's spied the inside pocket of my bag. At any give time you'll likely find some type of lip balm, two or three glosses, two or three lipsticks and some other type of random lip product. Excess? Sure. But admitting you have a problem is the first step, no?

So, yes, I love lip products and a few weeks back one of my work buddies whipped out Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain. Oooh...I must investigate. The next time I found myself at Walgreens, I spied said product and took a gander. And hey, buy one get one 50% off doesn't hurt. I left with two - Honey Douce (a pretty neutral rose) and Sweetheart Valentine (a vibrant pink).



About Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (that's a mouthful):

Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain gives softer, smoother lips with a perfect flush of color that lasts hour after hour. The gel formula comes in 12 vibrant shades that match any look or mood.
  • Lightweight Lipstain + Moisturizing Balm
  • 100% of women who tried it felt their lips were instantly moisturized with a soft stain of color
  • Retractable chubby crayon, no sharpener required

  • My Review:

    The Good: The color payoff and texture are very on point. Revlon's not lying when they say this is a stain and balm - a tough line to toe (well)! I found the lippie moisturizing and both colors very pretty. Plus, no sharpener required - bonus!

    The Bad: Well, $9 for a drugstore balm/stain is a bit on the pricey side, but it's remedied with a coupon or BOGO.

    The Verdict: A-. This product fits in nicely with my arsenal of lip goodies. The shades are pretty and versatile and the stain is lasting without looking like you just nuzzled a Tootsie pop. Nice work, Revlon.