June 24, 2009

Shift Your Attitude

Photo via AFP/Getty Images

Simple shifts are popping up everywhere and on everyone, from Michelle Obama to Eva Mendes. I really like a shift as it's very versatile. You can dress it up or down, belt it, stack on a pretty statement necklace, wear it to work or a wedding, etc. It's the uber dress and a definite classic. Oh, and if you're wondering, Michelle Obama's shift was designed by Michael Kors. Lovely!

While I was out of town for work yesterday, I had time to kill between meetings so I wandered into a local thrift shop. I walked out with an adorable black shift and 70s inspired red woven belt for $6....total. Super score.

So, if you're feeling adventurous, check out your local thrift stores as you never know what you'll find. Shifts were big in the 50s and 60s as well as the late 90s, so there are definitely little treasures to be found in vintage and consignment shops.

But, if you prefer to buy your duds "fresh" here is a compilation of my current faves!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: