December 20, 2010

Product Review: Aveda Botanical Kinetics Toner, B+

Happy Monday, everyone! Up for for product review today is Aveda's Botanical Kinetics Toner.

Last week I had a facial at the local Aveda Institute and my esthetician used this toner on my face a few times. A 5 oz. bottle (with spritz) retails for $19 and the 16.9 oz. bottle retails for $44.

Here are the details from Aveda...

Come face to face with the benefits of nature as this cooling, refreshing mist helps hydrate and balance your skin while minimizing surface oil build-up. White oak, witch hazel and peppermint provide mild astringent benefits.
  • Refreshingly aromatic
  • Helps tone, balance and replenish moisture
  • For normal to oily skin 
And my review...

The Good: It smells divine and keeps my skin toned but not dry. I definitely haven't experienced that "tightness" that some toners provide. Also, you have the option to spritz your face directly (which I prefer) or onto a cotton ball.

The Bad: $19 for 5 oz. isn't cheap. Sad trombone.

The Verdict: B+ overall! I love the scent and the softness that this toner provides. I'll see how long a bottle lasts me and then determine if I'll buy the big poppa refill.