What shall we expect for Spring 2012? Bright colors, more color blocking (in creative ways and mixed materials), '70s bohemian chic, American classics (polka dots, bold prints), asymmetrical cut tops and dresses and romantic blush tones. Women will have tons to choose from when it comes to hemlines, styles, and colors. Nice.
I'm such a big fan of lists, I really gravitated towards her 10 Most Wanted Items for Spring 2012. Without further adeiu, below are the first five items...the next five will come next week...stay tuned!
- Long skirt: Ah, the maxi skirt. This season is grows up from a beachy staple to a multi-occasion piece. Extra points if you can score said fabulous skirt with pleats.
- Striped dress: Long, short, brights, dark, flowy, cut close to the body, whatever works for you. Savor the stripes, ladies.
- Boxy top: Perfect for pairing with bright skinnies or layered over tanks and skirts.
- Open work: Think big knits in sweaters, light-weight scarves, cardigans and more.
- Colored bottom: I'm personally crushing on a pair of pale coral skinny jeans, but look for colored bottoms in every cut and shade. Big colors for spring 2012: cobalt, yellow, coral and pastels.
So, which of the first five of Arlene's Most Wanted Items for Spring 2012 are on your shopping list?!