January 10, 2012

New Year, New Stitch Fix

It's the new year and time for a new Stitch Fix, January style!

This month, the fine folks at Stitch Fix sent out some great transitional pieces that can easily bring me from "winter" (I use quotations because Charlotte's winters are usually super mild) to spring! Here's what this month's fix had in store for me...

1) Lovemarks teal Ellen top, Stitch Fix price: $42

BCBG pencil skirt, Vera by Vera Wang belt, Citizens Avedon jeggings, Urban Outfitters circle scarf.
Riley was dying to get in the shot, so I figured it was fitting to give him center stage. Anywho, yes, this top...I love the ease of it and the funky tribal print. My issue with mullet tops? (i.e. mullet top = short in front, longer in the back) They are not super flattering on ladies who are packing a bit more in the chest area. Who wants to look heavier than she is? Not me.

2) Lovemarks Corin tank, Stitch Fix price: $44

SFAM bell bottom jeans, Limited jacket
What's that I see?! Silver, stretchy tank with a beige sheer back? Yes, please. This tank is uber comfy and the length is great to wear with straight jeans or tuck into a cute pair of shorts. One issue with this item? The arm holes were pretty deep and if I don't layer a tank under this item, you're going to see bra. 

3 & 4) Theme Graham zipper dress, Stitch Fix price: $86 & Marilyn Schiff silver mini disc necklace, Stitch Fix price: $40

Citizens Avedon jeggings, House of Harlow boots
This sweater dress was much more tunic like than dress like. This would have been incredibly skankerific without jeggings or leggings. Regardless, I loved the zipper detail and sleeve button additions. However, this dress is pretty boxy on my and doesn't nip in at the waist like I would prefer. For all those expecting ladies, this is a pretty awesome choice and it leaves much room for growth, if you know what I mean.

5) Theme Stanly ruched dress, Stitch Fix price: $75


Soooo...my camera konked out on my for this last item, but it's a cute ruched dress that would be pretty flattering on most! Perfect for cocktail hour or a casual rehearsal dinner. Plus, if you have a cute vest, it would look smashing with this dress. Here's an image of the dress at Piperlime so you can see the front.

undefined

Thoughts? What do you dig from this month's Stitch Fix?!