February 20, 2012

Product Review: Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum, A-

Ah, the power of Birchbox. Let me tell you, over the past few weeks of 1) being sick and 2) the weather bopping up and down faster than a bobblehead on the highway, my skin has been through the wringer.

I really would prefer *not* to regress to my teenage skin years, so I was pretty pumped when I opened up this month's Birchbox and found a big ole sample of Juice Beauty's Blemish Clearing Serum.


About Juice Beauty's Blemish Clearing Serum: 

A powerful hydroxy-acid complex of certified organic apple, lemon and raw cane sugar blended with vitamin antioxidants and co-enzyme Q10 to help clear blemishes and even out skin tone and texture.

Benefits:
  • Helps clear blemishes 
  • Willowbark helps even out skin tone and texture 
  • Contains hydroxy-acid apple and lemon juices 
For oily, combination, problem skin types.

My Review: 

The Good: This product does as it's told. It works. It calms down any raging blemishes you've got going on (yes, even if you popped it...don't lie, I know you do it too). Plus, it seems to smooth out any underlying issues in the skin. Plus, it's made from all natural ingredients.

The Bad: Like most good things in the world, it doesn't come cheap. Expect to pay in the $25-$30 range for 2 ounces. Also, if you get a bit liberal with application, the product dries a bit sticky.

The Verdict: A- from me. When my skin misbehaves, I'm going to continue to use this one. I liked the sample so much that I sprung for the full size product. You really only need a tiny bit of product (otherwise it gets a bit sticky), so the 2 ounce glass dropper bottle should last a long time.