April 17, 2012

Product Review: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector, B+

Years ago I thought that highlighters and luminizers were a waste of money. How silly of me. Ever since I tried out Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector, I've been fairly obsessed. This dreamy product makes my cheekbones pop more than a JLo dance move.

It's not a cheap treat; expect to fork out $40ish for 1.7 ounce pump tube. However, the results are fabulous and you really only need to use a teeny tiny bit otherwise you're going to look like a gilded oompa loompa.  The product comes in Opal and Topaz...opal being the shade I'm a fan of for my skin tone.

About Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector:
  • Provides hydration, SPF 20+ broad-spectrum sun protection and a light shimmer 
  • Illuminates the skin to diminish dark spots, and promote a healthy, youthful glow 
  • Firms and softens the skin while nourishing with vitamins A, B, D and E 
  • Results in plump, comfortable and radiant skin 
  • Opal is a very light shade with subtle shimmer 
My Review:
 
The Good: Damn, this makes my cheekbones look good. So good that I get compliments on them. You know how often that happened before I started using this product? About never. It also looks fabu on the tops of your shoulders, clavicle, etc. It's not glittery or gritty, it's creamy and full of sheen.

The Bad: Big surprise here, it's not cheap. Or easy to come by. You can score it on Amazon or find a local retailer.

The Verdict: B+. I feel pretty oh so pretty and if pretty costs just a bit more, so be it. You really don't have to use a lot of product to garner a sheen, so go for it...or glow for it.