April 6, 2012

Product Review: Davines Wizards No.14 Sea Salt Primer, A

About nine months ago, when I went for the big hair chop, I began experimenting with tons o' products. I became a product whore. I'm admitting it. Whatever. There are worse things.

A few weeks back when I was checking out Orange Olive, an adorable salon in Charlotte's NoDa neighborhood, the sweet stylists recommended Davines Sea Salt Primer. My ears perked up and my nose went wild for this deliciously scented, wave-inducing spray. I was about two or three glasses of wine into the evening, so I forked over the $24 or so and went on my merry way. And I'm so glad I did.

About Davines Wizards No.14 Sea Salt Primer:
Davines Sea Salt Primer for Wizards No.14 is a salt-infused styling spray for fullness, hold and a cool mat finish. It adds texture and lots of volume with a light hold and dry finish. It gives hair a wind swept style and a "just off the beach" texture. Sea salt primer gives body while minimizing fly-aways.

HOW TO USE: Apply in sections on wet hair or after blow drying and use your fingertips to form natural waves and texture on hair.

RESULT: Hair will look full of body and volume with a mat finish and dry look. Ideal for short, medium, and long hair to give structure and create dynamic looks.

My Review:
The Good: Damn, this is a great wave spray. As mentioned, it smells delightful and definitely creates soft but tousled waves. And those waves stay all day, yo. If you have stick straight hair, this is a great product to mist over the your ends if you're going in hot with a curling iron. I prefer to spray the product in my hands and distribute evenly as I find spraying randomly can waste product and get too much into my roots.

The Bad: It's pretty pricy. Expect to pay $20-$30 for a 250 ml bottled (approx. 8.4 ounces).

The Verdict: A all the way. While it's expensive, this is now my go-to, holy grail sea salt spray. I rarely need to stack products on top of this if I use it correctly. And I don't need to use more than a few focused spritzes, so the bang for your buck is fairly present.