June 5, 2012

Product Review: Laura Mercier Oil Free Supreme Foundation, C

I was in love with Laura Mercier's original oil free foundation. In love.

But, unfortunately, sometimes good things must come to an end and a few months back a LM rep told me that their oil free foundation was going through a revamp. Before fully committing to a full size ($42 for 1 oz) version of the revamped formula, I strolled into Sephora for a sample. Said sample lasted me about a week, so I think it's safe to say I gave the new formula a fair shake.


About LM Oil Free Supreme Foundation:

What it is: An oil-free foundation that gives skin comfortable eight-hour coverage and a naturally flawless look.

What it does: This oil-free, non-drying, lightweight formula glides on evenly on to skin and does not settle into fine lines. Its buildable coverage allows for moderate to full coverage, evening skintone while providing a soft matte finish.

What it is formulated WITHOUT: Synthetic Fragrances

My Review:

The Good: the color still rings true to the previous (original) Sunny Beige. Coverage is moderate - full and if you can blend the foundation with your face lotion/moisturizer, it can be a pretty good deal as it lasts quite a long time.  

The Bad: The new formula just doesn't blend well with my skin type. It seems a bit dry, a bit smudgy and effectively feels like it "lays" on top of my skin. Meh.

The Verdict: C overall. I truly wanted to like this LM foundation as much as the previous, but it fell short for me. I'm sticking with LM's tinted moisturizer for now.