November 22, 2010

Product Review: Revlon Double Twist Mascara, D+

Why, hello Monday. And a big hey-o to the short week!

Up for today's product review is Revlon's new-ish Double Twist Mascara. I was pretty jacked about this mascara - I always love innovative mascara brushes and volumizing mascara. Sadly, I was uber disappointed in the end.


Here are the details from Revlon:
  • MASSIVE Volume. REMARKABLE Definition.
  • Revolutionary 2-in-1 brush.
  • Thickening Brush + Separating Combs = The Ultimate Lash Look
  • Available in 4 shades, including a new signature Revlon® shade, Blackened Ruby.
  • Also available in waterproof formula.

And my review:

The Good: The mascara gives significant volume. Yup.

The Bad: Quite a few qualities to list here:
1) It's VERY difficult to remove (and no, I did NOT purchase the waterproof formula). I had to use my eye makeup remover quite a bit after washing my face and there were still remnants & morning raccoon eye.
2) It can get a bit clumpy because the dual brush picks up so much product.
3) While I didn't have too much flaking, I had a bit of spider eyes going on.

The Verdict: D+, not a repurchase for me...it's just too much work! Cool concept, nice volume, but the execution failed. I did, however, watch Revlon's tutorial from Gucci Westman on how to best apply this mascara. If you fancy a view, check it out the video.