Up for today's product review is Revlon's new-ish Double Twist Mascara. I was pretty jacked about this mascara - I always love innovative mascara brushes and volumizing mascara. Sadly, I was uber disappointed in the end.
Here are the details from Revlon:
- MASSIVE Volume. REMARKABLE Definition.
- Revolutionary 2-in-1 brush.
- Thickening Brush + Separating Combs = The Ultimate Lash Look
- Available in 4 shades, including a new signature Revlon® shade, Blackened Ruby.
- Also available in waterproof formula.
And my review:
The Good: The mascara gives significant volume. Yup.
The Bad: Quite a few qualities to list here:
1) It's VERY difficult to remove (and no, I did NOT purchase the waterproof formula). I had to use my eye makeup remover quite a bit after washing my face and there were still remnants & morning raccoon eye.
2) It can get a bit clumpy because the dual brush picks up so much product.
3) While I didn't have too much flaking, I had a bit of spider eyes going on.
The Verdict: D+, not a repurchase for me...it's just too much work! Cool concept, nice volume, but the execution failed. I did, however, watch Revlon's tutorial from Gucci Westman on how to best apply this mascara. If you fancy a view, check it out the video.