November 29, 2010

Product Review: TRESemme FRESHstart Waterless Foam Shampoo, D

Hey everyone! Hope everyone is recovering from a fun & delicious Thanksgiving weekend! Now I know there are tons 'o Cyber Monday deals out there...but I'm not partaking. I know. Shocking. Therefore, it's time for another product review!

I picked up TRESemme's FRESHstart Waterless Foam Shampoo as I was looking for a neat and cheap alternative to Oscar Blandi's Pronto Dry Shampoo. You can pick up the TRESemme product in just about any drugstore and it will run you roughly $5-$6.


Details from TRESemme:

Do not miss a fresh look and feel on the second day.  TRESemme® Fresh Start Waterless Foam Shampoo is the perfect solution to clean hair without water anytime.  The unique formula, with Witch Hazel, Citrus and Aloe Vera refreshes your hair by removing excess oil, impurities and odor while moisturizing hair.  Waterless Foam Shampoo instantly transforms lifeless limp and dull hair into fresh hair that is clean, shiny and smooth. 

My review:

The Good: I enjoy the concept, the scent is nice and the product worked "ok" when my hair was curly. I suppose it tried to "refresh" the roots?

The Bad: Sticky, filmy mess on my roots - especially when my hair was straight. And yes, I did follow the directions and my hair still felt dirtier than it did before I used the product.

The Verdict: D. These last two weeks haven't been so great for product reviews! Boo :( I will be picking up some Oscar Blandi Pronto Shampoo on the pronto!