April 18, 2011

Product Review: Zoya Caitlin Nail Polish, A-

Why hello, Monday...you arrived quickly. Hope everyone is doing well! Today's product review is from my April Birchbox - Zoya's Caitlin Nail Polish.



Yup - Birchbox included a mini Caitlin polish in the April box and I couldn't wait to paint it on my (very short) fingernails!


About Zoya Nail Polish: 

Zoya Nail Polish has been awarded as the longest wearing natural nail polish by an independent panel in Women’s Health Magazine. Zoya Nail Polish is a nail polish free of toluene, formaldehyde, DBP (phthalates) and camphor. Nail Polish by Zoya offers over 300 gorgeous nail polish colors to choose from, plus 4 seasonal collections of nail polish every year. Zoya Nail Polish was specifically formulated to deliver the longest wear possible on natural nails. Zoya Nail Polish can be found in better beauty salons, spas and online at www.zoya.com.

Color Description of Zoya Nail Polish Caitlin

Zoya Nail Polish in Caitlin can be best described as: Smoky purple-tinged medium gray with smooth, opaque creme finish. Sultry, mysterious and impossibly chic, a shade that will have everyone intrigued.

Color Family: Purples or Greys

Finish: Cream

Intensity: 5 ( 1=Sheer - 5=Opaque )

Tone: Cool

Original Collection: Intimates

And my review:  

The Good: This is such a fun, but still subtle, spring shade! Zoya's polish wears pretty well and (in my opinion) chips less than OPI. I'm also a big, big fan that all of their polishes are free of nasty ingredients. Each regular size bottle retails for $8, too!

The Bad: This particular polish, albeit quite opaque, wasn't quite as smooth as my other Zoya polish (Riley). Regardless, the second coat solidified the shade and did away with any streakiness I encountered during the first go around.

The Verdict: A- from me! While the application was a bit cumbersome, I love the color and the brand.