September 14, 2011

Wear It 3 Ways: Sheer Maxi Skirt

I've been crushing on a sheer maxi skirt. First I saw one in InStyle. Then I saw the adorbs Chloe of The Chloe Conspiracy rockin' one from ASOS. And most recently I spotted one on a local Fashion's Night Out runway. And now I really want one.

True to form, I really like to dream up outfit options before I pull the so-called trigger on a trendy piece. Therefore, here's three different way to wear a sheer (or partially sheer) maxi skirt for fall...

Look #1 - Fancy-ish: Yup. Sport that skirt to a nice dinner, a rehearsal dinner or any occasion you just can't fathom wearing a dress yet again.



Look #2 - Upscale Day:
Want to head to a fashionista brunch? Or just look damn fabulous while shopping or running errands. Here you go. And who doesn't dig a faux fur vest?!



Look #3 - Day To Night: Utilize that denim shirt in your wardrobe, layer it over a long sleeve tee and you can easily transition from day to night. Plus, with a lovely wide scoop neck and wide belt, this look is gorgeous for cocktail hour - without the denim shirt.


So - who wants a semi sheer maxi for fall? ***my hand is up*** \O