March 30, 2012

Product Review: Garnier BB Cream, C

Happy Friday, y'all! Up on the product review docket is Garnier's new BB Cream. I received this pretty little tube as a BzzAgent and was pretty jacked to give it a go. You can find this product in a multitude of drugstores for $9-$12 per 2.5 oz. tube. Let's discuss, shall we?



About Garnier BB Cream Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector:

Is it right for me?
Skin concerns, such as discoloration, dullness, blotchiness and dryness can come from a number of different sources. It's hard to find just one product that addresses them all. Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream immediately and effectively fullfills your skincare expectations with just one multi-benefit product that combines intense moisturizing skincare + immediate skin perfecting coverage for skin that looks naturally more even, radiant and smooth.

How is it different?
It’s a new idea in skincare. B.B. Cream is a hybrid formula that offers advanced skincare + immediate skin perfecting coverage in one single beauty product.

How do I use it?
Gently apply Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream to face and neck prior to sun exposure for instant coverage and correction as well as for protection. Reapply as needed.

My Review:

The Good: I fully appreciate a multi-use product. This cream has SPF, good-for-your-skin ingredients and simply packaging. The fewer steps I have to take to prep my skin, the better. Plus, the price is affordable considering all the perceived benefits and uses.

The Bad: The product was pretty thick and felt like a mask on my face, i.e., my skin couldn't breathe. And I did experience a few breakouts from it. Plus, the coverage is minimal, so don't think this will replace your foundation or even your tinted moisturizer. There's also a pretty heavy scent.

The Verdict: C from me. I wanted to like it, but the cream is too heavy for my skin and I felt like my pores were suffocating and thus, suffering. Perhaps this would work better on someone with less sensitive skin?