January 24, 2011

Product Review: Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara, B

Happy Monday to all! I'm pretty sick of this "cold' weather in Charlotte...and it's not even that cold. I'm ready for sandals and pretty pedicures and flats and WARM. Oh well. I can dream.

Up for product review today is Revlon's newest mascara: Grow Luscious. I wasn't thrilled with Revlon's Doubletwist mascara I tried a few months back. However, Revlon's PR reps reached out and sent me a tube of this little baby to try out.

Details from Revlon:
  • Lash enhancing formula complements the natural growth cycle of your lashes, improving their overall appearance and conditioning with each use 
  • Get lashes that look instantly longer and lusher and will also grow stronger day after day
  • Oversized lash-extending brush 
  • Ophthalmologist tested

And my review: 

The Good: The mascara does lengthen and condition my lashes. It's also fairly easy to layer on an additional coat if you're looking for some drama. I also didn't experience any flaking or major raccoon eyes, either.

The Bad: Although this product touts the growth component (in the title & description), I didn't see any changes to my natural lash length. 

The Verdict: This mascara earns a solid B from me. It's a smooth, consistent product that does seem to lengthen my lashes. I wish I could get a bit more volume from the product, but overall it's a nice mascara.