June 21, 2011

Product Review: Becca Beach Tint, A

It's hot. I mean it's hotttttttttt in Charlotte. And humid. And overall just kinda gross. Thus, I really don't want to wear much makeup at all...or clothing for that matter. But because I don't want to get arrested, I usually end up leaving the house in a t-shirt, shorts and a very, very light dusting of bronzer, mascara and one of my new favorite products, Becca's Beach Tint.

Becca at ShopStyle

A fabulous Charlotte cosmetics and skincare shop, Jeffre Scott Apothecary, introduced me to this fabulous U.K. line a few weeks back and I've pretty much become obsessed with it. I have this tint in Grapefruit, a pale coral pink shade. It smells like grapefruit too! Delightful.

Details from Becca:
BECCA Beach Tint is a beautifully blendable crème stain for cheeks and lips that suits all skin types. Kiss-proof and water-resistant, it dries to a perfect, streak-free, non-greasy and non-drying finish. Each shade is deliciously scented in its synonymous name.

Key attributes

* 2-in-1 crème stain for cheeks and lips
* Deliciously scented
* Oil Free, Streak Free, and Water-Resistant
* Contains anti-oxidant vitamin E
* Preservative and paraben-free

Artist's tips

* Layer under powder blushes, bronzers, lip balms, and lip-glosses for added intensity

And my review:

The Good: The shade is lovely for my skin tone - just enough pinky-coral flush and it stays forever. Plus, it's water resistant so it's great for the hot weather, beach, pool, etc.

The Bad: Well, it's not cheap ($25 per .24 fl. oz) but you really don't have to use very much to get a nice rosy glow.

The Verdict: Blend away, ladies! This is a great product for a myriad of uses and skin tones and earns an A from me. Plus, if you click on the image above, Bliss is selling a few shades at $20.