June 6, 2011

Product Review: Osis Dust It, B

Happy Monday to all!

On tap for review today is Osis Dust It - a volumizing powder that I've been playing with for the past few days.
I've recently begun to blow dry my hair more often after gong through a Blow Dry 101 at a local salon in Charlotte. If you ever get a chance to go to one of those classes, do eet. I learned everything from product usage, to brush position to utilizing my hair dryer efficiently. I'm happy to say my locks are now much happier with me.

Details from Amazon:

Schwarzkopf OSiS Dust It - Mattifying Powder lets you creative styles with powder consistency while providing a lightweight texture and separation. Gives a soft matt effect with natural movements to your hair. Provides light natural style control. This silica powder and film formers provides for a dry light hold. Similiar to the popular Bumble & Bumble powder, Schwarzkopf Dust It Powder has been receiving amazing reviews from magazines and salon professionals around the world. This powder will give that second day look and feel instantly. Feel the difference and get natural looking hair with a cool, matt finish from OSiI Dust It. Will add great volume; works especially great on fine hair! Directions: Sprinkle small amount of powder into your palms and rub together. Rake through dry hair and lift into style for a matte finish and natural touch. (0.35 oz).

My review:

The Good: This powder definitely gives roots a noticeable lift! Make sure you dust just a bit directly onto the roots an fluff away. Plus, you can reinvigorate the product later in the day if you need a bit of a refresh.

The Bad: Not necessarily bad, but the texture takes some getting used to. It's a bit "gummy" and needs a bit of working with.

The Verdict: B from me. This is a cool product overall. It's not a necessity but it's a nice option to have in your hair care arsenal to volumize those roots!