June 30, 2011

Red Alert: Red Lip Round Up

I like red lipstick. That glossy, punchy color transforms any outfit into chicness. I'm pretty positive that any woman can sport red lips given the proper occasion, color, formula etc.

Over the years I've added more than a few options to my red-lipped arsenal...here are my picks for red lips!

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella

NARS at ShopStyle

An amazing scarlet shade and a really great formula that wears beautifully on the lips. You can check out my review from a while back right here!

MAC Russian Red

M·A·C at ShopStyle

If you're seeking a serious red that leans on the matte side, Russian Red has got you covered. Word to wise - invest in a red lip pencil so avoid feathering.

Maybelline Color Sensation in Are You Red-dy?

Maybelline at ShopStyle

For a drugstore brand, this formula glides on and keeps that pucker moisturized. This shade is much more of a true red with a touch of orange and I imagine it would fare well on a myriad of skin tones. I reviewed it a while back right here!

Revlon Colorburst Gloss in Fire
Purchase!


















I just picked this one up and have received *tons* of compliments when I sport it. Normally I shy away from red glosses with saturated color (typically too much room for error) but this one is gorg. A true red with plenty of pigment and boatloads of shine. The sponge brush is a bit cumbersome, but because I lurve the color, I'll make it work!

What about you? Do you rave about red lips