June 1, 2011

Product Review: Laura Gellar Liquid Candlelight, B+

I would like to resemble a mini J Lo. I'm not talking about the girlfriend 'tude (which, um, I probably have anyway) but I'm talking about the picture perfect skin, incredible makeup and crazy styled hair. But because I don't have the funds or the time to get there on a consistent basis, I turn to fun products to amplify that glow in a pinch.

Therefore, it was perfect that I finally used my sample of Laura Gellar's Liquid Candlelight while I was frolicking around in Las Vegas this past weekend. Hey, if Botoxed grandma's can sports sequined minis, I can certainly sport a face with glowy cheeks and temples.

Laura Geller at ShopStyle

In the past I've used Benefit's High Beam highlighter, which I'm a fan of, but this particular product is a completely different consistency and shade. You can scoop up this product at a variety of department store makeup counters, Beauty.com, Amazon, etc. Expect to pay $23.50 for .65 ounces.

Some deets about Liquid Candlelight:

A sheer, lightweight, oil-free liquid face and body glow. This sheer, light-reflective formula chases shadows and blurs away little lines and flaws so your skin will look younger, fresher, firmer. Stroke some on after your makeup to highlight your eyes, cheekbones or decollete. You can even mix it with your favorite moisturizer or foundation to give your complexion a hint of luminosity.

Exclusive Multi Mineral Complex – Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium, Zinc, and Lysine help protect skin. Gentle Chamomile calms and soothes skin. Vitamins A & E help ward off signs of aging while conditioning and moisturizing skin. Powerful antioxidants Gingko Biloba Leaf Extract and Ginseng Root Extract work together to protect skin. Advanced skin brightener softly enhances skin tone and luminosity.

Enhanced with an exclusive "Mineral Complex" providing light-refractive and skin protective properties. Multi-faceted shading brightens up any skin tone - diminishing signs of fatigue. Hypoallergenic, fragrance free, oil free.

My review:

The Good: The shade of this liquid luminizer is a lovely, shimmery pale gold. I imagine it would look gorgeous on a variety of skin tones and blends extremely easily Swipe it on your cheekbones and temples and bam...mini J Lo.

The Bad: It's a bit thin - I would have preferred a product with a thicker consistency. Plus, considering the thinner consistency I felt like I had to use a bit more product...not a fab sign for a pricey product!

The Verdict: B+ from me. If I had coin to burn, this product is pretty fab. It also looks amazing on the collarbone and decollete in the summer! Definitely worth a try if you're looking for a new golden luminizer.