June 13, 2011

Product Review: Pomega5 Daily Revitalizing Concentrate, B

Happy Monday to everyone!

My face can take a beating during the summer months. Even though I slather on sunscreen and sport some pretty cute hats, it's no surprise that my skin can look a big splotchy on occasion. A few months back I pulled out Pomega5's Revitalizing Concentrate treatment out of my Birchbox.

These dandelion colored capsules are filled with all sorts of goodness for your face so, of course, I went for it. While it seems counter intuitive, the oils in Pomega5's ampules are like health food for your skin.

Some details from Pomega5:

It may seem a bit strange to put oil all over your face, but this intensely nourishing treatment is exactly what your skin needs—even if it’s oily (very counter intuitive, we know). Each single-use capsule contains a carefully balanced cocktail of vitamin and antioxidant-packed ingredients that work to hydrate, smooth, and brighten skin.

How It Works:
Each ampoule has 60 percent Pomegranate Seed Oil, which is rich in Omega 5 fatty acid, an antioxidant-rich ingredient that spurs cell renewal, encourages collagen production, and soothes skin, and much more. There’s also anti-inflammatory Calendula Oil, hydrating Rosehip Oil, and detoxifying Grapefruit Oil. Pomegranate Seed Oil is especially good for combination skin because it firms skin, minimizes pores, and calms any redness.

How To Use:
Apply to freshly washed skin in the morning and evening. Twist off the small end of the capsule and squeeze the oil onto your fingertips. Gently tap the oil all over your face. Your skin may feel a bit slick at first but the formula absorbs quickly and dries matte. Follow with your regular moisturizer or, if your skin feels good, skip it. If you have oily skin, you can start with a small amount to test the waters and add more if you like.

My review:

The Good: I used this particular product in the evening as I just can't wrap my head around a (literally) oily face all day. My skin absorbed the concentrate beautifully and was very soft, well balanced and glowy the next few days.  

The Bad: The scent of the oil isn't really desirable, but it's not a huge deal. More importantly, it's priced at $48 for 30 ampules. Damn, that's pricey. Granted, I wouldn't be using this product daily as I look at it more like a splurge-worthy face treatment instead of a daily concentrate.

The Verdict: B from me. It's a really incredible product with great benefits, but be prepared to pay for it!