February 8, 2010

Product Review: Milani Luminous Blush, A-

Hi everyone! Today's post will be a quickie, as I'm posting from my iPhone...

Milani makes a pretty nice line of drugstore makeup AND they make a great blush that is a pretty good ringer for NARS' Orgasm blush. If you're not familiar with NARS Orgasm, you can check it out at Sephora. It's a gorgeous, peachy-pink shade with a golden shimmer. It looks great on 90% of people...


Problem is, NARS blush is price-ay, as in $26 for .16 ounces. Therefore, I went on a drugstore quest to find a nice substitute, and I found 'er!

Milani's blush in the "Luminous" shade is a really decent substitute.




It's a similar peachy-pink shade with a hint of golden shimmer. Oh, and it's only $6.50 for .1550 ounces. Nice.

Overall, this product gets an A-for me. It's a nice, neutral shade blush with a hint of shimmer. My only wishes are that it lasted longer and was a bit more pigmented. But, for $6.50, it's a great substitute for NARS famous orgasm blush.

Have you ever tried Milani's products? How about NARS famous blush?

3 comments:

(original) Genny said...

I won the Nars 3 in 1 in orgasm. I really like it but would never pay the $35 for the tube! Thanks for the post on a great sub. When my freebie is gone will have to try it:)

Coley said...

Hi Genny!
Thanks for visiting! I love the 3 in 1 too, but damn, it adds up! If you try the Milani blush, let me know what you think!

Kristen said...

I've been wanting to try the Nars Orgasm, i hear about it everywhere all the time, but haven't had a chance to get it. Does the Milani stay all day? When I tried their bronzer it faded pretty bad and got pretty blotchy by 3pm and their nail polish is pretty sheer. If you like the blush though, I may have to give it a try!