April 18, 2010

Product Review: Benefit High Beam, B+

Hi all! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Up for review today is a very fun Benefit product...Benefit High Beam...



You can find this little wonder at Sephora (among other places): Benefit High Beam, .45 ounces for $24

Details from Sephora's website...

What it is: A luminescent complexion enhancer.

What it does: Benefit High Beam is an ethereal pink liquid highlighter that creates a radiantly dewy complexion. For an angelic sheen, this pink shimmering lotion adds a soft, natural afterglow.

What else you need to know: It's a "supermodel in a bottle…" and perfectly alluring on all skin tones.

And here's my review...

The Good: It is indeed a luminzer. The soft pink shade is really flattering on a variety of skin tones and the product makes me look more refreshed, dewey and awake.

The Bad: It's expensive! While a little product goes a looong way, $24 is still pricey - any way you slice it.

The Verdict: B+ for me. This is one of those products that just makes me look "prettier". This product is not a need (to me, mascara is a NEED) - High Beam is a want. A big want at that though!

**My tips to get the most out of this product**

This product can be a little confusing to some - as there is no "right" way to use it. And I LOVE versatile products - I get to play with them until I find my favorite way to use them. And here is the way that I like to use Benefit's High Beam...
  • I first apply my moisturizer and tinted moisturizer
  • I then dot the product under my eyes and up my cheekbones (three or four dots per side)
  • I lightly pat & press the product in with my ring finger (which is the most gentle fingerpad to use - no joke!)
  • Then I apply my blush and powder, etc.
When I apply it this way, I get a really nice subtle sheen to my cheekbones and a lightness under my eyes. It's a very polished, awake look.

So, that's my Benefit review!

Has anyone used High Beam? Thoughts? Tips/tricks?