December 28, 2009

Product Review: NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil, A-

Happy Monday, everyone! I hope all of you had a fabulous holiday! Up for review today is NARS' Velvet Matte Lip Pencil.



This pencil has been featured in a variety of mags as of late, including an interview with Ms. Taylor Swift (who apparently adores this pencil in Dragon Girl - a bright, true red). I picked up Cruella, a deep scarlet red, perfect for the holidays. Now, I'm a lipstick/lipgloss junkie so believe me when I tell you that this pencil is fabulous. It's rich, creamy and glides on perfectly. Although the name seems deceiving, it's really closer to a lipstick than a pencil. Remember Clinique Chubby sticks? This Matte Lip Pencil is like that - but on steroids.

So, it has great texture, a variety of shades, is easy to use and wears well - I give it an A-. The minus is only there because it's $24...a pretty steep price for lipwear in my book.

Have you ever tried any NARS products? Which are your favorite?


BTW...if you're not too keen on spending $24 for a lipstick/pencil...you can occasionally find a few of these (sealed) on Ebay...here are a few I found!

Cafe Con Leche

Marina

No comments: