March 31, 2010

Cheap Thrills & An Announcement...

Hi all! Before I get to today's edition of Cheap Thrills, I have an announcement.

No, my eggo is not preggo...

Now please know that this announcement takes a TON of courage and willpower...so please be understanding.

I will be on a shopping ban during the month of April.


Ah, dear readers, you may be asking why, why, why?!

Well, I have a few reasons...

1) I shop fairly often and I have come to the realization that I have a smattering of great items in my closet that haven't seen the light of day yet. They need to be worn! I need to pay respect to my closet...

2) Let's be honest - saving money is not a bad thing. The credit card needs a breather.

3) I want to see if I can do it - I mean, I gave up treats for lent. I think I can handle this...(Justine did it - so I have hope for myself)

4) In honor of my husband's birthday on Friday. No, he didn't ask me to give up shopping altogether - all he asked for his birthday is for me to cook him dinner (fire trucks on standby) and for a one hour massage at our favorite spa. So, this is me being a grown up...

Does said ban mean that I won't be browsing? No, no, no! That shall keep me sane. But no buying (outside of groceries and home essentials). I made an online purchase yesterday at The Limited (btw - 30% off $100+ with the code 241) - so I'm sure I'll feature that in the coming days.

I'm planning on continuing my bloggy as is, offering up outfits, cheap thrills and the like - just no buying for me during the month of April. I cannot guarantee that I will not occasionally whine about it - I'll really try not to, though!

SO...onto Cheap Thrills! Here's a sweet little set for your shopping pleasure! That Tarte makeup set from Sephora looks precious - and it's SUCH a great deal! Enjoy!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you lady! I think you can do it and we will support you all the way!

So Obsessed said...

Wow! This is a HUGE deal! You can absolutely do it! When you're done, I might do May- we'll see!!
BTW - I had you on preggers watch! lol

Pamela said...

Good for you! Shop your closet and if you haven't worn an item, it'll still feel fun and exciting while you save some $!

Justine said...

Ok first of all, I didn't really do it this time around. lol... but kudos to you! I bet you will be better than I was (I think I lasted around 3 weeks, eessh). The one time I did stick to it two years ago was only accomplished because I did NOT allow myself to browse online or even go to a mall. I think when you're exposed to seeing all the pretty things, it makes you want them, whereas cold turkey makes it so you don't know what youre missing. But with a blog, its impossible to not browse because you have to keep up with posts. So I think it just takes more willpower, but I definitely believe in you!!

Kristen said...

ohmygosh!!! i'm not shopping for the month of april either!!! what a coincidence!!! how crazy! we'll have to give each other support! Mine is all the same reasons too, except my bf's bday is on the 25th. so funny, great minds think alike!

Coley said...

Rosa - Thanks, lady!

Obsessionista - Thanks, love! No babies anytime soon!

Pamela - Thanks! I will absolutely be shopping my closet.

Justine - Three weeks no shopping is impressive, girlie! This will be willpower at its finest - you KNOW I will have a wishlist going!

Miss K - Oh yay! *sending you willpower*