June 1, 2010

Product Review: CoverGirl Shadow Blast Shadow Stick, D

Hi all - hope everyone had an incredible holiday weekend!

Today's product review revolves around the second of the two CoverGirl products I received through a BzzAgent campaign.

Today's review is on CoverGirl Smoky Shadow Blast Shadow Stick in Onyx Smoke. I was pretty excited to receive this product as the colors are really vibrant and lovely. It retails for $8.49 in most drugstores.



Details from drugstore.com:
  • Smoky ShadowBlast is a smoky eye tool & makeup artist all in one brilliant shadow stick
  • Create a colorful smoky eye in just 2 easy steps!
  • Available in 6 expertly coordinated duos with specially shaped ends
  • It's like having a makeup artist at your fingertips
How to apply:
Makeup Artist tip on how to easily create the smoky eye using Smoky ShadowBlast. Step 1 - Using the rounded tip, smoothly spread the lighter shade from your lash line to the brow bone (and just below the bottom lash line if you choose). Step 2 - Using the tapered tip, apply the darker shade on your lash line and in the crease of your upper lid.

And onto my review...

The Good: The colors in Onyx Smoke are really pretty. The base is a beautiful pearlescent white and the dark is a shimmery slate gray. I like the idea of the blendable shadow sticks.

The Bad: What a bummer - the product itself smeared, didn't stay on for more than a few hours and creased like crazy - even when I used MAC paint underneath. I tried to make this product work with a multitude of tries, but it just didn't stick - literally.

The Verdict: D. I'd really, really like to give this product a better rating because I like the idea and the colors so much, but as stated above, it just doesn't work for me. I need a shadow that stays put and doesn't make me look like a racoon-y mess.

Has anyone out there had the same issues with this product?