August 31, 2009

Online Retailer Review: Modcloth.com, A-

Over the past year or so, I've seen many ads for ModCloth.com. The website touts "mod, indie and retro clothing", but upon a deeper look, the website offers up an array of cute clothing and accessories that remind me of a cross between Anthropologie and Lulus.com.

It seems as if ModCloth only carries a select number of sizes in each garment. Even though it looks like they receive new inventory every day, it you see something you like, you better snatch it up in your size right away!

The website layout is pretty user-friendly and the return policy is fairly, standard (30 days with tags for most items). The only suggestion/recommendation I have for those running ModCloth is to include a "wait list" option for those items that fly out of the store too quickly. There were a few items that were out of my size that I wish I had the opportunity to order.

Also, if the store won't be restocking a particular item, take it off the website. There is nothing worse that spotting a great item, only to see that it is sold out! What a tease.

Pricing is pretty moderate across the board, with most dresses $50-$100, tops $25-$60, bottoms $35-$75, shoes $30-$100 and outerwear $40-$110. ModCloth.com earns an A- from my first look!

Here's a Polyvore set of some adorable pieces that I found at ModCloth.
By the way, that fur vest is not really fur, it's completely vegan!
Doesn't it look like it came straight out of Rachel Zoe's closet?
I bet I'll be ordering from this site very soon!


Have you every ordered from ModCloth? What do you think?

Modcloth.com

No comments: