April 5, 2010

Product Review: Neutrogena MicroMist Airbrush Sunless Tanning Spray, A

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend! Before I get to today's product review (which is a GREAT one!), I wanted to let you all know that I am considering changing to Disqus for all comments on my blog.

I really like Disqus because it's more of a "discussion". If you comment (and I hope you all continue to do so!), when I comment back you will receive the message via e-mail. I'm a big fan of that engagement/interaction. Let me know how YOU like it!


On to today's product review! Since I've been feeling like Pale-Mc-Paleson, I picked up a can of Neutrogena MicroMist Airbrush Sunless Tanning Spray in Medium (2) . As shorts season is upon us, I was looking for a safe and effective way to garner a leetle bit o' color. This little 5.3 oz. can retails for roughly $12.99 but I picked it up half off as Walgreens was running a buy one, get one half off special. It was the perfect opportunity for me to score some Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock (which I truly love) and try out this little wonder on the cheap.

Here are the product deets from Walgreens...
  • 2 shades darker than your skin tone
  • Applies like an airbrush spray for hands-free application.
  • The mist is so light and fine, and the coverage so even, there's no need to rub.
  • One-touch continuous spray works at any angle to tan hard-to-reach places - even your back.
  • Goes on fast and dries in less than 5 minutes
  • Oil-free
  • Alcohol-free
  • Non-comedogenic
  • Won't clog pores
  • Made in USA

How to Use...
  • Apply to freshly cleansed, exfoliated skin.
  • Use in well ventilated areas.
  • Hold spray 6 inches away from body and sweep evenly across desired area to tan, keeping the can in constant motion.
  • Stop spraying at the end of each stroke to avoid over application.
  • Apply sparingly around rough skin like elbows, knees and ankles.
  • For face, spray into hand and apply.
  • Wash hands with soap and water immediately after use.
  • Your sunless tan will begin to develop in two to four hours and last for days.
  • Reapply as needed to maintain or deepen color.
And onto my review...

The Good: Ok I'm really not that naturally pale...but this spray was great! It gave me a nice golden bronze with a fresh scent. It was easy to apply and offered nice, even coverage. It doesn't smell like your typical self-tanner and looks like the real deal. No orange-y skin here! You can also spray the mist into your hands and apply to your face.

The Bad: The only bad part here is that you still have to be careful while applying. I did a little bit of rubbing in around the rough spots - ankles, knees, etc. - but that's a very small price to pay for a sunless tan!

The Verdict: A all the way! This is definitely a re-buy for me. I'm a big proponent of taking care of your skin, but let's be honest, my legs look better with some color. This product definitely does the job sans sun!

What's your favorite sunless tanning product?

No comments: