May 24, 2010

Product Review: CoverGirl Shineblast Lipgloss, C-

Hi all - today's product review revolves around one of the two CoverGirl products I received through a BzzAgent campaign - next week I'll feature the other product!

Today's review covers (ha) CoverGirl Shineblast Lipgloss in Sparkler. This little baby retails for $8.49 and each gloss tube contains .13 oz. of shiny goodness.



Details from walgreens.com:

Light reflecting shimmer layered under a high-gloss finish gives you 4x more noticeable shine.* Plus, our breakthrough applicator, the ShineSculpt, hugs the curves of your lips for a sculpted shimmer behind the shine.

*vs. bare lips

Made in USA

Instructions:
To make your lip gloss last longer: Apply a thin layer of lip liner in your natural lip shade, all over your lip. This will help the gloss wear longer.

And onto my review...

The Good: It's shiny. Yay for shiny.

The Bad: The scent is a bit "manufactured" - it emotes that saccharine-y sweetness. The gloss itself is a bit watery and this particular shade didn't deposit any color onto my lips. Also, considering this gloss is $8.49 for .13 oz., I'll stick with my Revlon Super Lustrous lipgloss - it gives better color, more staying power and more gloss for my money.

The Verdict: C- for me. While I appreciate the shininess of the gloss, the product itself didn't impress me. I like CoverGirl, but I think they need to go back to the product development team and tweak this little gloss.