May 10, 2010

Product Review: Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner, B

Hi everyone!

Today's product review is quite a departure from my typical product reviews, but I received a Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner Kit through a Bzz Campaign (where I am an Buzz Agent).

No one really likes cleaning their shower - and I am no exception; it's probably my least favorite cleaning chore throughout the house. So, naturally, I was pretty stoked to get this little gadget and try it out for a few weeks.

Here are the deets from the manufacturer:

When it comes to cleaning, it’s easy to feel like it’s all up to you. But with the Scrubbing Bubbles® Automatic Shower Cleaner, you’ve got a cleaning partner that takes care of the tough stuff for you. Simply touch the button and walk away—the dual sprayer spins 360 degrees to spray a penetrating cleaner on all four walls and tub, eliminating soap scum and mold & mildew stains and keeping your shower cleaner, longer.

The benefits of the Scrubbing Bubbles® Automatic Shower Cleaner:
  • Works automatically
  • Provides overall and targeted coverage with the dual sprayer
  • Cleans dirty shower in days
  • Shower remains clean every days
  • Eliminates odors as it cleans

And my review...

The Good: It cleans most of my shower. I will note, though, that I have a longer shower - thus this could be the problem, as the sprayer can't reach every nook and cranny. The scent is nice and my shower definitely looks cleaner overall.

The Bad: The kit itself is fairly pricey - retailing at $21.99 at Walgreens. The kit includes one bottle of cleaner and the actual apparatus (no batteries are included). The 34 oz. bottle of refill cleaner costs $5.79 - and each bottle lasts 3-4 weeks with daily use. Not bad if the product really cleans your shower well - but it didn't reach every crevice of my longer shower.

The Verdict: This baby gets a B from me. I really love the idea of pushing one little button and never cleaning my shower - but even with this little gadget, I'll still have to clean it every once in a while. Maybe I'll move the cleaner to my standard sized shower and see if it's worth it!

If you want to give this product a try, you can find coupons for the starter kit and the refills right here.

Have a great day!