January 14, 2010

Cubicle to Cocktails - A Vested Interest...

Hi all! Today's edition of Cubicle to Cocktails features one of my favorite, but underused, clothing items - a vest. I realized, just the other day, how much I like these little sleeveless wonders, but I don't sport them very often.

I think the cubicle vest is very work appropriate and can also look great with jeans. The black pants are very similar to J Crew's Minnie Pant (but at half the price). Although the ankle length can look awkward on some, I think it's a fresh take on the typical office black pant.

I'm also a big fan of bright bags for both work and play. This pink patent ASOS bag looks great with so many color options. As for the cocktails look, isn't the studded black vest adorable?! Pair that sucker with a slouchy white tank an layer on some delicate jewelry and you are golden (hardy har har).

So, what do you think of this look? Would you wear these ankle length pants to work? How about to cocktail hour - if so, what would you pair them with?

Cubicle to Cocktails


Items in this set:

3 comments:

K r i s t e n said...

I love vests; although for some reason I can never find one that is structured enough and fits properly - gotta keep looking. Great outfit, though - I think I'd pair the cocktails outfit with a more 'racy' shoe like a gladiator heel and cuff the bottoms of the pant-maybe even a studded ankle bootie to go with the vest?

Kristen said...

I love the ankle pants! They are so cute, but because I have such long legs, I'd have to be sure to wear them with the right shoes. Also, have you ever ordered from ASOS? I always find tons of cute stuff from there, but I'm too afraid to order. If so, what was your experience?

Coley said...

JM-you could absolutely do a more "racy" heel...even one with some color!

Miss K-I have yet to order from ASOS, but it's on
my list! They added $6 shipping to the US last year, so I'll definitely pull the trigger soon!