January 5, 2010

Oh No J Lo...Ensemble Stupidity...

So, if any of you didn't watch Dick Clark's (Ryan Seacrest) NYE countdown, then you missed a barely clothed Jennifer Lopez performing a mix of her songs. Now, before I rag on her, please let me say just this, girlfriend is lovely and, boy, does she have cajones to wear a semi-sheer, crystal encrusted bodysuit seen below.





OK OK...she's had twins and she still has a rockin' bod, but when the hell does that mean that we should wear a bodysuit like this? So..moral of the story of today, kids, is even if you are stunning and have a rockin' bod, don't dress like a fool. Oh, and yes, it would not have bothered me quite as much if it was just for a music video, etc. A la Britney Spears in the Toxic video...



The kicker for me was that Ms. Lopez was performing in front of throngs of people in the freezing rain. Don't you think she may have had a few outfit choices to mull over, perhaps looking at the semi-sheer catsuit and thinking, hmmm, maybe not the right choice for this particular evening. Ok, rant over.

Did you ever wear anything that, looking back on it, was quite the poor choice? I can think of a few ensembles I wore in college....one timid example for you all:

While in college, during my early years, a bunch of my very good (and equally naive) girlfriends would dress up in super tight jeans, low cut tops and barely there jackets and bring our stupid asses out to the bars. Mind you, we went to college in Madison, WI, so it was pretty damn cold for six months out of the school year.

One particular evening in the absolute dead of winter with at least one foot of snow on the ground, we got all gussied up and headed out to the bars. Since we couldn't grab a cab, we walked...not too far...maybe four or five blocks. The best part was, though, a few of my friends, myself included, were wearing stilettos. Now think about that, bare feet in stilettos trudging in the snow. AND THEN, once we got to the bar in question, we stood in line outside for at least 30 minutes...yes, in the snow.

So, by the time we finally got inside, our feet were so frozen that they were blood red and burning. As soon as we got into the bar, we headed to the restroom to dry and warm our feet off. WTF were we thinking...I'm pretty sure we cabbed it home because our feet were still burning after hours inside.

Anywho...that's just one story of ensemble stupidity from my years of experience...now I wear boots...

Any poor ensemble choices you'd like to own up to?!

7 comments:

Kristen said...

Amen sister to JLo, I thought I might be the only one! Also, I've also chose to look "hot" instead of warm many times- the joys of being a woman. Lol.

Coley said...

Indeed, Miss K. I always thought if I looked hot, I'd feel hot...not too helpful for a literal interpretation!

Amber said...

That was the worst thing ever, I was appalled! only early 20 year britney can rock that!

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified said...

Wow! Really? I am completely shocked. I just think it's annoying when the *new mom* singers/celebrities wear barely there clothes trying to show/prove they still look good after having babies. I have no respect for them whatsoever (not to mention they more than likely look that good due to lipo or plastic surgery).

Coley said...

Amber-a to the men...

FFM-I agree with you...she just looks foolish and I think she's trying way too hard!

cupcakefail said...

She looks like someone from L'Eggs kidnapped her and attacked her with a Bedazzling gun.

Coley said...

Heather you are hysterical...I pretty much just laughed so hard, water shot out of my nose.