January 11, 2010

Product Review: Benefit Eye Bright, B





Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend! I had a lovely little weekend filled with a bit of shopping, home improvements and a movie. I finally saw Avatar in 3D and really enjoyed it. The visual effects are truly stunning.

Anywho, on to the product review of the day. I picked up Benefit's Eye Bright about one month ago after reading some reviews and seeing Carmindy use it quite a bit on What Not To Wear (a fave show of mine). I don't have super dark circles underneath my eyes, but there are plenty of mornings that I wear my lack of sleep on my face. So, this handy dandy little stick is touted to literally "brighten" your eyes.

First off, it's price-ay. At $20 for a .05 oz. stick, this thang better work....and it does. It offers a creamy texture that glides right over your moisturizer (I layer toner, moisturizer, this and then my tinted moisturizer). It's pale pink color instantly adds light under the eyes and definitely makes me look more awake (oh, and it doesn't crease or cake, either). Go easy on it, though, because you don't want to layer on too much of this product or you'll look like you have a pink spotlight under your eyes. Not hot.

So, overall, I give this little wonder a B. Why? Well, it's a really nice, easy-to-use product. It brightens the eyes and definitely makes me look a bit more awake. However, it's pretty pricey and those with significant dark circles under the eyes won't get full relief from this bad boy.

Have you ever tried Benefit's Eye Bright? Thoughts?

Oh...and if you want to try Eye Bright for less there are a bunch on ebay...just make sure to check out the seller's credentials before buying!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been using the eye bright stick (on my third) since Carmindy's first book came out. LOVE IT!

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified said...

I haven't tried this particular brand, but have tried a couple others and they seemed to work pretty well, too. I would venture to say there is probably an inexpensive alternative to all of them, it's just a matter of finding it. :)

Pamela said...

I did a mini review on my blog back in November of this product and love it. Your review is very well written and more detailed though :)
I think that for the price, it goes a long way. Just a little dab in the inner corners of my eye and under my brow and I'm set. I feel like it blends a lot better than some other products. Great review!!!!

http://gingergirl4242.blogspot.com/2009/11/turn-around-bright-eyes.html

Amber said...

great review! And wasn't avatrar amazing!?

Coley said...

cdp - Glad you're a fan! How is Carmindy's book?

FFM - *waves* I'm sure there is...I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Pamela - Great review!

Amber - Hey girl! Thanks! Avatar was amazing...it's like an eyegasm.

Shortcutstofabulous said...

If you want something to cure dark circles I highly recommend dermablend concealer. I featured it as one of the 10 best beauty products of 2009 on my blog...check it out here: http://shortcutstofabulous.com/category/beauty/


This stuff will cover the darkest of dark circles and wont clog pores! It is about $20 too but lasts forever...about 9 months for me with daily use.