January 19, 2010

Reader Request: Let's Not Waist Any Time, Or Skirt The Issue...

Oh the title of this post...I know, I'm a total nerd. But really, a lovely CCC reader asked me to find her a similarly styled skirt to Vickie B's seen below....










I know the Polyvore set isn't super exciting, but it really does showcase some stunners at unlikely online retailers - like Spiegel?! I haven't seen a Spiegel catalogue since my scrunchie days. Also, Newport News has some super cute stuff, at very affordable prices. A few months ago my buddy Chasing Davies did a spread of Newport News shoes  - they have some lovely little options.

I'm a fan of high-waisted pencil skirts, they really streamline the entire midsection and give a nice throwback to the 40s. If you're a little squeamish about a tighter fitting, high-waist skirt, there are tons o' options that feature pieces of "shapewear" built right into the skirt. There is one featured in the set below!

What do you think of high-waisted pencil skirts? Waist of time or just right?

And, yes, I'm officially finished with the homonyms for the day...High Waisted Skirts


Items in this set:

5 comments:

K r i s t e n said...

Oh Miss Coley, Gracias! Just Gracias. I don't know if its Victoria's long leggy body but it just seems that her skirts (in the pic above) are much longer - like if you sat the two skirts next to eachother hers would be longer than those shown on the polyvore spread, no? Maybe I'm wrong and for a measley $29 I'll be picking up a few of those lovelies for sure. Hopefully I'm wrong but it just seems as though I can never find one that is up as high as hers AND past the knee...we shall see I will definitely report back :)

Thanks again mama!

Coley said...

Hey JM - You're so welcome! The one from Spiegel looks pretty long...but also remember, Victoria is *maybe* 5'2" so everything is going to at least look a bit longer on her.

I found a bunch of options that super long length, but they were upwards of $250/$300...St. John and Armani...gorgeous skirts, just too rich for my blood! You may want to check Nordstrom Rack or Off Fifth, too!

Amber said...

cute!! I love VB!

Megan said...

Thanks friend! :) I agree - those skirts are so classic and flattering to ALL bodies. And Newport-News does have some great deals. Good post!

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified said...

I love high-waisted pencil skirts...they are so extremely feminine, IMO. Great options in the PV set Coley! :)