January 7, 2010

Cubicle to Cocktails...Really Delicious, Expensive Cocktails!

Happy Thursday everyone! Because I got some very kind feedback, I have decided to continue the Thursday Special: Cubicle to Cocktails!

As I noted last week, I'm a big fan of dresses for the transitional look...they are just so easy. And the particular dress below may seem a bit dressy for the office, and that's ok! I know many ladies who have a bundle of great dresses and just need a bit of updated, more office appropriate styling.

So, I took a floral satin piece and warmed it up with a basic white button down, toasty little cardigan and nude fishnets. If you're more reserved you could certainly pull on opaque tights instead of the nude fishies.

To move this into cocktail attire, I just removed the plain button down and added a slate gray velvet jacket an loads 'o pearls.

What do you think? 

Do you have any dresses that you could convert to chic office wear?


5 comments:

o said...

love ur picks and i agree, gotta love dresses that are easily converted from day to night:)

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

Super cute! They're both a great look!

K r i s t e n said...

Once again...Bravo! Love that dress; it is definitely a great going out piece and when it warms up, toss the blazer, keep that statement necklace! The office look is a perfect "tone down" for that piece!

Coley said...

Hey ladies! Thanks for visiting! I have such an adoration for versatile dresses!

Amber said...

CUTE! love that dress! great set!